Thursday, February 25, 2010

My younger self...

If I were to meet my younger self, I wonder... what would I say?

Would I share with me, some of life's truths - truths I was blissfully unaware of as a child?

Would I tell myself that the old cliche "life wasn't meant to be easy" has more validity than it seems?

That things won't always be ok, and parents can't fix everything after all?

Would I let myself know that life's journey isn't always as you planned it?

And that twists and turns appear before you, when you least expect it?

No, I don't think I would...

Instead I'd tell my younger self that life is a gift - treasure it and enjoy it.

That life is what you make it, family is everything and things will be ok.

I'd tell myself to continue living life as though it's perfect and to cherish every moment shared with loved ones.

To refrain from over-analysing and enjoy the innocence that youth brings.

I'd tell myself to never forget that feeling of invisibility.

And to always remember what matters in life - health, happiness, family, love.


Share
|





9 comments:

  1. I think those are great things to tell your younger self. Wouldn't it be cool to run into your younger self and just watch her? Enjoyed the post.
    -Holly Renee http://loveimaginecreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww sweet. put a smile on my dile :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was speaking to someone who was in a reality TV program when she was 19 and several years later it is now being shown. She was cringing at her younger self. We spoke about how important it is to be able to look back and not cringe but recognise how you continue to evolve, polish those special qualities that makes one sparkle and always celebrate how far one has come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, very well written =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all need to hear some of those things...no matter how old we are.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...please leave a comment

About Me

My photo
Nicole is an Australian journalist, presenter and communications consultant. She spent several years as a News Limited journalist, writing for a variety of local newspapers and magazines. Following this, Nicole was a reporter and presenter with the Nine Network, filing stories for Brisbane magazine program Extra, lifestyle show Weekend Extra and National Nine News. She is now a freelance journalist, writing for a variety of publications. Her special interests are features, lifestyle, current affairs, women, parenting/family and health. Nicole is also a public relations and communications consultant. www.nicolemadigan.webs.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails